23.Aug.2007. Liveindia.com - Indian culture doesn’t allow us to do business in the name
of education, but in the capital, the heart of Indian culture and heritage
some rich businessman are establishing public schools to get huge amount
of donations and fees in the name of education.
Who is responsible ?
Children of poor people are
ignored by the so called public school in
4. In case of a child who has studied in an un-recognized school, provision of Rule 141 (1) of the Delhi School Education Rules, 1973, would be applicable.
5. No registration fee including charges of prospectus, if any, will be charged from any of the students belonging to the weaker sections.
6. The admission to entry level, in respect of seats reserved for students belonging to the weaker sections, will be done by draw of lots in the presence of concerned parents, DDE or his nominee not below the rank of Vice-Principal of the government school. The system of draw of lots would be adopted only if registration exceeds more than the prescribed limit reserved for such students.
7. For admission in a class beyond entry level, the admission test will be held in the first week of April and the selection of students will be done based on relative grading, in case the registration exceeds the prescribed limit.
8. All schools will notify another date for inviting applications for admission, in case the registration in any class is below the prescribed limit.
9. No school shall withdraw any exemption from the payment of fee etc. granted to any student belonging to the weaker sections of the society without prior approval of the Director.
10. No school will refuse acceptance of the application for admission from any student belonging to the weaker sections of the society.
11. There shall be no hike in the fees/funds/charges for other students on the plea of grant of freeship to the students belonging to the weaker sections of the society.
12. Every unaided recognized private schools, shall in compliance of Rule 180 of the Delhi School Education Rules, 1973, submit returns and documents in the following prescribed Performa to the Director of Education by 31st day of July of each year:-
(i) Budget estimates of receipts
and payments of ensuring year.
Non-compliance of the above order will be viewed very seriously and strict action besides withdrawal of recognition/stoppage of aid, shall be taken against the erring schools.
It is a matter of great regret
that no Public school in Delhi is serious about it.
© 1998-2001 Live India Internet Services! All rights reserved